Kirsten's being deployed to Iraq for 179 days. Read what her family & friends are doing, each day, to support her until she gets home!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Soccer Balls

Soccerballs are like gold over here. My cousin Leigh sent me a football and a soccerball in a kickass care package. I don't see kids here on base... but all of my students and the instructors go home on "mujas" (vaccation) and they take gifts home to their kids. So I gave the soccerball to one of my students who is actually from Kirkuk to give to his little brother. It was a HUGE hit! Col Ayash, an IP in the SQ, said that his little boy would LOVE a soccerball. Then another IP, whose name is Saddam Hussein by the way, told me that he has a daughter exactly like me, pretty (he actually said that) and that she too would love a soccerball. (good ploy Saddam.) It's so strange how something that we as Americans take for granted is treated like gold over here. So if you're looking to send something to Iraq, soccerballs are the way to go!

1 comment:

  1. whoo hoo! the real question is, were they completely baffled by the football or was that a hit too? i figured all those american boys would know what to do with it. xo, leigh

    ReplyDelete