Kirsten's being deployed to Iraq for 179 days. Read what her family & friends are doing, each day, to support her until she gets home!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Exfoliating

So who thought that Iraq would be good for my skin? Kidding!!! I ran 6 miles today and when I got done, I wiped my face and it felt like sand paper. Although I feel like I have softer skin out here i can only imagine what it's doing to my lungs.

On a happier note, I got my next assignment. I'm SUPER excited that when I get back to the US in mid July that I have 1 month left in Del Rio before I PCS. i got my 1st choice assignment to Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro NC. It's only a 7 hour drive to Atlanta!!!! I can go home on 3 day weekends, bring the boys (Dad is excited about that I know) see TRex and Ellis more... Im SO excited!! On top of that, I'll be 45 min away from Parkers BBQ in Wilson NC, 1 hour south of Raleigh and hopefully I can start taking biology and chemistry classes up there and eventually get into Vet School. I'd really like to go into shelter medicine! I have to requalify in the KC135 first but I'll get to NC sometime in Jan. SUPER excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment