Kirsten's being deployed to Iraq for 179 days. Read what her family & friends are doing, each day, to support her until she gets home!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Sacrifices

My dad has been doing a push-up and sit-up for every day Kirsten is deployed. He must be up to 60+ every day by now. He doesn't have to do them all at once, just through-out the course of the day. Mom has given up Margaritas, which is difficult as they have Stammtisch at El Azteca every Tuesday night. Also, as we get into the warmer spring/summer months, I'm sure Rita will come out more and it will get more difficult.

I finally decided to join WeightWatchers while she's deployed. I had gained some weight since I stopped nursing and was really indulging my unhealthy eating habits. I have managed to lose weight every week so far. Sometimes it's not a lot, but at least it has consistently gone down. I have not really been working out, only modified my eating habits. It's a little embarassing to think that I was eating that bad.

Anyway, we miss you Kirsten and are excited that you will be on the East Coast soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment