Kirsten's being deployed to Iraq for 179 days. Read what her family & friends are doing, each day, to support her until she gets home!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Birthday....two days late!

Kiri, Fred and I want to send you belated birthday hugs and kisses and wish you as good a tour as possible. I still find it so unbelievable that you're there, but I know you will be the shining example to all with your grace, good humor, and smarts. You'll have those pilots so smitten they won't know what to do!
I'm not sure still what I'm giving up for your 179 days. I loved Andrea's decision. It will benefit not only her, but her whole family. I wish I could say I'll give up carbs, but that just ain't happenin' nor wine for that matter. I wish I could say I'll lose 179 pounds, but then I wouldn't be here anymore. I would love to say I'll be sweet and non-bitchy for 179 days, but that is just not human....
So I decided, since our love of dog rescue is one of our tightest connections, I will give $179 to a dog rescue group. Maybe it will help save another Atticus, Finch, Simon, Trixie, Cosi, Cleo, Sassafras or Dixie. I will sign off with a great big slobbery lick, SLURP!
Mom #2

No comments:

Post a Comment